Hands up. How many of us have got currency sitting at home in kitchen drawers, miscellaneous small bowls, cash jars or – in one WeSwap staffer’s case – stuffed inside an old CD of Shania Twain’s “You’re still the One”?
Fine, maybe not the CD. But whatever your vestibule, you’re not alone: we’ve discovered that a whopping £819m worth of leftover currency is sitting unused and forgotten, when it could be going towards better holidays.
It’s time to clear out those kitchen drawers and put your hoarded currency to good use this summer.
Introducing the WeSwap Buy Back Beta
Gather up all those, Euros, Dollars, Yen and Rupees stagnating in your sock drawer and load them back in GBP on your WeSwap card in a speedy three days.
Working with Currency Online Group, we’re also extremely pleased to offer the option to donate to charity Love Support Unite who work to partner with communities in Malawi to break the cycle of poverty. Follow all the amazing work they do here.
Here’s how it works:
- Head to our buy back page and fill in what notes you’d like to send back, and how much.
- It’s time to pop your currency in the post. Print out your order form and send it along with your notes. We’d highly recommend using Royal Mail Special Delivery, in a tamper-proof envelope, for security.
- Once we’ve received your notes, we’ll convert back into GBP and load onto your WeSwap account in a speedy three working days. Sorted!
A few key facts:
- Notes only at the moment, sorry! We’d love to do a coin version in future.
- What rate will I get? The rate we convert your notes back to GBP at will be the one on the day we receive your currency, and it varies by currency. We’ll give you an estimate when you order.
- How much does it cost? 1% – 2% for major currencies like Euros and Dollars, and slightly more for more exotic ones. Again we’ll show you our best estimate when you order – do feel free to compare us online!
- Some notes are too old, or risky for us to take. Don’t forget to check which notes we can accept first – we show you this when you make your order.
We’re super excited to bring this option to our travellers and can’t wait to hear what you think – if you’ve got any thoughts, questions or spot any bugs, email us at [email protected]